Jianbin Qin is currently an Associate Professor at Shenzhen University, he is also a Research Scientist at the Shenzhen Institute of Computing Sciences. He worked as a research fellow in the Database Group at LFCS, School of Informatics, the University of Edinburgh, where he works with Prof. Wenfei Fan. He received his Ph.D. from University of New South Wales, under the guidance of Prof. Wei Wang.
- Similarity Query Processing.
- Query Autocompletion.
- Database system.
- Database + AI.
- 2020-09, Please join us on our online live VLDB 2020 Tutorial Session.
- 2020-04, Our tutorial proposal Similarity Query Processing for High-Dimensional Data got accepted by VLDB 2020.
- 2020-02, Our Monotonic Cardinality Estimation of Similarity Selection: A Deep Learning Approach paper got accepted by SIGMOD 2020.
- 2019-05, Our Autocompletion for Prefix-Abbreviated Input paper got accepted by SIGMOD 2019.
- 2019-04, Our invited TKDE paper “Generalizing the Pigeonhole Principle for Similarity Search in Hamming Space” is accepted by TKDE.
- 2019-04, I have joined Shenzhen Institute of Computer Sciences.
- 2018-10, The official proceeding of Pigeonring Principle paper is available at VLDB Volume 12, No. 1, September 2018.
- 2018-07, Our Pigeonring Principle paper got accepted by VLDB 2019.
- 2018-05, serving as PC members for ICDE this year.
- 2018-04, We submitted the “Pigeonring: A Principle for Faster Thresholded Similarity Search” to Arxiv. Pigeonring is a new way of applying pigeonhole principle in data management problems.
- 2018-02, “GPH: Similarity Search in Hamming Space” is accepted by ICDE 2018.
- 2017-11, We have published the source code for paper “Efficient Error-tolerant Query Autocompletion”.
- 2017-08, We have published the source code for paper “Asymmetric signature schemes for efficient exact edit similarity query processing”
- 2017-06, We have published the source code for paper “HmSearch: an efficient hamming distance query processing algorithm”.
- 2017-04, We have published the source code for paper “VChunkJoin: An Efficient Algorithm for Edit Similarity Joins”.
- 2016-08, “BEVA: An Efficient Query Processing Algorithm for Error-Tolerant Autocompletion” is accepted by ACM TODS.
- 2016-05, New personal website is up.